As the strap line says, our mission is to provide the finest food sourced carefully from the sea.
We want more people to experience the flavours and textures of different sustainable seafood; to
taste beyond salmon and cod; to learn how to dress a crab or shuck an oyster.
Our approach to 'sustainable seafood' embraces these 6 values:
- Sourcing and providing the best and broadest range of fish and shellfish the sea has to offer. This
includes our smoked and ready-made products.
- Sourcing from verifiably responsible fisheries and producers with full traceability and provenance
on all our seafood.
- Being a trusted and reliable supplier to the restaurant and retail trade so their customers keep
coming back for more.
- Educating people, particularly children, about seafood. We want to introduce everyone to the
different kinds of seafood available according to season and weather, how to prepare then cook it to
- Being part of the north Wales community helping it flourish for visitors, residents and businesses
- Supporting human rights and equality within our seafood supply chains, and doing all we can to
extinguish cruelty and discrimination.
Currently, more than 90% of seafood from the Welsh coast is exported to markets in Europe and Asia which
is great for the consumers in these countries! However, it's time local people and visitors to Wales
tasted the freshness and the variety of the daily catch. So we're doing our best to put Welsh seafood
top of everyone's menu.
Find out more about sourcing seafood.